Monday, May 10, 2010

Change is afoot!


Today, on the 10th of May 2010, I've decided to begin my blog. And it's been a long time coming. My wife and my sister have had theirs for years. I've been following a good number of good ones for a while now but have never gotten around starting my own. Which is odd for someone who considers himself a part-time writer who finds fulfillment in creative expression and publishing. So why now? Maybe it's because it's been months since I last wrote and published anything. The last 2 magazine publications I wrote for closed down. Maybe because I get a bit obsessive-compulsive about editing what I write and the thought of instantaneous web publishing scares me a bit. At any rate, call me part of the late adaptors but here I am throwing in my voice into the cacophony of the world wide web.

This particular day, the 10th of May 2010, is also quite special as it is of course our Philippine National Elections. Beyond being our first-ever automated electoral process, it also marks the beginning of a new presidency following one that has been fraught with much disappointment and turmoil. It is perhaps one more reason that I am moved to begin writing this blog. Whoever wins, change is afoot. And I can only pray that it is for the better.

Far from making this blog sound too serious and political, I figure it would be great if this blog survives the next 6 years and greater if my blog entry for the 10th of May 2016 will speak of a better and brighter Philippines from where we are today.

Here's to embracing change and new beginnings.


About the photo: My 1 year & 10 month old son Tiago wearing his cool Philippine flag inspired t-shirt. Personally, I think that the ubiquitiy of all these nationalistic clothes and paraphernalia is a good thing. If only to see people expressing a sense of patriotism. Just hope it isn't a passing fashion trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment