Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Top 5 things you can find in my Daddy Pants

Over the past year,I have taken to wearing 6-pocket Cargo Pants. I even have the same pair in 2 colors. I refer to them as my Daddy Pants as they've really become quite essential when going out with Tiago whether simply going to the mall or traveling with him out of town. Here are the top 5 things in (and on) my daddy pants.

1. A handkerchief. To serve as the extra lampin to place on his back when he sweats. Superman style but inside the shirt. And as a little boy full of energy living in a tropical country he sweats a lot!

2. A cellphone with photos of his favorite toys- while i don't have those cool kiddie podcasts, I do have my own tools to distraction. I have photos of his Mickey, Donald, and Goofy figures as well as those of the Wiggles and all their friends. They come in very useful when I need to calm him down after play or keep him busy when we need to wait.

3. Food. And food stains. Bits of cereal, biscuits, grains of rice, sauce, milk... All sorts of colorful stuff.

4. The letter A. Or other members of the fridge-magnet alphabet that Tiago likes bringing along. The magnetic numbers and the occasional Lego piece come aboard sometimes.

5. My wallet. Featuring Tiago's first passport pic at age 6 months and his first school ID pic just right before he turned 2. Which I voluntarily show around to family, friends, officemates, and just about anyone who feigns some interest.

Daddy pants best come with Daddy backpacks filled with water, milk, diapers, extra clothes, and extra toys...

No comments:

Post a Comment